Items stolen in transit

Problems with an order? Received a broken product or other Complications? Tell us here!
optimistique1

Items stolen in transit

Postby optimistique1 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:32 am

Hi All

I have used Gearbest for many orders and never had any problems until today when my item was delivered to my UK address via British Express Mail (Yodel UK) and the box was empty.

The packaging had been tampered with, opened and then resealed up with tape and the contents (Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air) stolen.

I have contacted Gearbest support four times and all I get are stupid replies telling me that shipping times are out of their control. They do not seem to understand that I have got the item but the contents have been stolen.

I have now opened a PayPal dispute and hope to get something done.

This is really sad and very upsetting :-(
Maxi

Re: Items stolen in transit

Postby Maxi » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:44 am

optimistique1 wrote:Hi All

I have used Gearbest for many orders and never had any problems until today when my item was delivered to my UK address via British Express Mail (Yodel UK) and the box was empty.

The packaging had been tampered with, opened and then resealed up with tape and the contents (Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air) stolen.

I have contacted Gearbest support four times and all I get are stupid replies telling me that shipping times are out of their control. They do not seem to understand that I have got the item but the contents have been stolen.

I have now opened a PayPal dispute and hope to get something done.

This is really sad and very upsetting :-(

It is the worst when this happens :(

Leave me your order number aswell and update me here please!

Did you take pictures or have the weight of the product as proof? GearBest will not move until it is 100% their fault, so the PayPal case was the best bet.
Alle wichtigen Infos zu GearBest auf Deutsch:
http://www.GearBestBlog.de
optimistique1

Postby optimistique1 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:22 am

Hello Maxi

Yes this is the worst ever to happen especially when it is not a cheap item.

The order number is W1702220109514332.

Yes I have taken photographs of the packaging and I have also reported the matter to the police and to www.actionfraud.police.uk .

I do hope that you can help as I cannot afford to lose the item and also lose my money too :-(

Regards

Garry
Maxi

Postby Maxi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:18 am

optimistique1 wrote:Hello Maxi

Yes this is the worst ever to happen especially when it is not a cheap item.

The order number is W1702220109514332.

Yes I have taken photographs of the packaging and I have also reported the matter to the police and to http://www.actionfraud.police.uk .

I do hope that you can help as I cannot afford to lose the item and also lose my money too :-(

Regards

Garry

did PayPAl help out here?
optimistique1

Postby optimistique1 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:52 pm

Yes they did after filing a fraud report with the police
Santer

Postby Santer » Mon May 08, 2017 11:52 pm

Hi there,

I'm new here and unfortunately I'm in the same situation as you. Today I received my package (Xiaomi Air 13) from Gearbest. I wasn't at home this time and a neighbour signed for the delivery. Worst case... :( Fully enthusiastic I opened the package on the top (and not with a knife at the edges) but then I recognized that the weight is really low.

My order number is: W1704231733467320

And here my ticket to Gearbest

Hello Gearbest,

today I received an empty package. The missing item is Xiaomi Air 13 Laptop (SKU: JYU4003CN). I opened the package on the top but during I kept the package in my hands I recognized that the weight seemed to be really low. I checked the weight on a scale and it was 965g only. On the shipping label is stated 2532g. I checked then the package completely and it was empty.

The packaging looks like it had been tampered with, opened during delivery and then resealed up with tape but the content (Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air) has been stolen.

So please refund the money and inform the delivery company about it.

Any thoughts from your side how to proceed? Should I inform PayPal as soon as possible?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
Santer
Maxi

Postby Maxi » Wed May 10, 2017 5:50 am

Santer wrote:Hi there,

I'm new here and unfortunately I'm in the same situation as you. Today I received my package (Xiaomi Air 13) from Gearbest. I wasn't at home this time and a neighbour signed for the delivery. Worst case... :( Fully enthusiastic I opened the package on the top (and not with a knife at the edges) but then I recognized that the weight is really low.

My order number is: W1704231733467320

And here my ticket to Gearbest

Hello Gearbest,

today I received an empty package. The missing item is Xiaomi Air 13 Laptop (SKU: JYU4003CN). I opened the package on the top but during I kept the package in my hands I recognized that the weight seemed to be really low. I checked the weight on a scale and it was 965g only. On the shipping label is stated 2532g. I checked then the package completely and it was empty.

The packaging looks like it had been tampered with, opened during delivery and then resealed up with tape but the content (Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air) has been stolen.

So please refund the money and inform the delivery company about it.

Any thoughts from your side how to proceed? Should I inform PayPal as soon as possible?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
Santer

yes, PAY PAL!
Santer

Postby Santer » Fri May 12, 2017 7:01 am

Hi Maxi,

thanks for your quick reply. What of the different PayPal type could be the best?

Grund für die Meldung dieses Konflikts:

() Ich habe den erworbenen Artikel nicht erhalten.

() Ich habe den erworbenen Artikel erhalten, er entspricht jedoch eindeutig nicht der Beschreibung. Zum Beispiel:
-- () Der Artikel war beschädigt oder fehlerhaft.
-- ()Das Paket war leer.
-- ()Die Bestellung war unvollständig.

EDIT:
Today I was also at the police station and they will investigate if the package has been opened by somebody.
Santer

Postby Santer » Tue May 16, 2017 9:58 pm

Does somebody know if there is a serial number in the product packaging? Could not find it until now.
Maxi

Postby Maxi » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:19 am

Santer wrote:Does somebody know if there is a serial number in the product packaging? Could not find it until now.

Not really, the number is a sticker on the devies back :(

Return to “After Sale”